Monday, March 29, 2010

trolls

The first round of trolls! The intention here is to create a field of troll hair with projections in projections. There will be a doll-puppet walking behind the first row of troll hair (the actual trolls), but I have to rethink the sequence, since I realized the puppet is essentially un-animatable unless she's laying on her back.

I like the lighting here, much better than after the rest of the layers are added. Clearly the flashlights that are lighting the trolls still had fresh batteries....

trolls 1 from kendra ryan on Vimeo.



And below are all the layers of trolls comped together. It looks okay, but it is clear that the batteries on the flashlights are dying over time. I am also unhappy with the blurriness of the projections.

I will need to reshoot anyway, since I was unable to successfully animate the doll walking through, as is planned for this shot. Most of my time was spent figuring out logistics, so I am hopeful the next round will go much more smoothly.

trolls 2 from kendra ryan on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment